New Zealand CRAFT MARKET
… Like to do some SHOPPING?
— 100% New Zealand handcrafts —
A large supermarket type shop with GENUINE New Zealand products.
Each booth holds a crafter’s wares from all over New Zealand.
(Many are ‘one-off’ products not available in regular souvenir shops)
You’ll have ½ hour to enjoy this West Auckland craft store!
Toilets and complimentary tea/coffee facilities available.
- Option on our EXCLUSIVE tour
We have recently read a comment (-on Tripadvisor-) which implies that “Auckland tour companies which visit souvenir shops, do so trying to coerce customers into buying something to receive extra commissions from shops to make more money from their tours”.
We thought it was about Time(!) that we placed a “disclaimer” on our website which disassociates *our* Auckland tour company from this behaviour.
We are well aware that this “back-handing” occurs…especially overseas (which we have ourselves been tricked-into as tourists). But we would like to stress that Coast to Coast Tours does NOT (or has never) received any commissions for taking our guests to souvenir shops.
We visit ‘CraftWorld’ because this shop has NZ products.
Our guests often want souvenirs, and we would rather them buy *genuine* NZ-product,
rather than the mass-produced “imports” that are sold by city shops!
PLEASE NOTE: Coast to Coast Tours passes on the WHOLE 15% discount voucher to our guests…(not pocket a 10% commission like other Auckland tours do!)
WANT A TOUR SOLELY FOCUSED ON CRAFTS?
…see our Crafter’s Delight Tour option!
HOME :: GO TO FAQ’s :: LATEST NEWS :: What’s an ECO-TOUR?
OTHER STOPS ON OUR TOURS:
# Will I be pressured into buying items from this shop?
- Certainly not!! The only reason we stop at ‘CraftWorld’ is because the items sold there have been made in New Zealand. We do not receive any commission or other incentive for bringing visitors to this store. (You don’t even have to go into ‘CraftWorld’ if you don’t wish to).
# What kind of crafts are there at this market?
- ‘CraftWorld’ has hundreds of booths, each containing a different New Zealand crafter’s wares. Anything (and everything!) from New Zealand greenstone (pounamu), knitting, woodwork, quilting, carving, jewelry, pottery, paintings, ceramics…to name but a few.
# Have these crafts been made in New Zealand?
- YES, this is the reason why we favour this shop.
# Will these crafts be any cheaper than the souvenir shops in Auckland city?
- In some instances yes. However, many of these products are ‘one-offs’ and are not mass produced. Most of these items are unavailable in regular souvenir shops anyway.
# Oh! I saw an item I liked but my size/colour wasn’t there for me to buy on the day, what should I do?
- Talk to one of the sales assistants and place an order. Leave your contact details with us also.
# Are there any more places where we can buy other products on this tour?
- Absolutely! There will be items for you to purchase at just about every stop; (Arataki Information Centre, wine, and honey.) We even have a few products for sale at our Homestead. (some of these include; lanolin skin care, our Carbon Credit Native trees, and the irresistible manuka honey candy which you will sample!)
# I’m not really interested in crafts, are there any other shops to look at instead?
- YES, within a few metres there is ‘Farmer’s’ (a department store), ‘No.1 Shoe Warehouse’ (a bargain shoe shop), ‘The Warehouse’ (a bargain department store), ‘JB HiFi’ (an appliance shop), ‘Noel Leeming’ (another appliance shop), ‘Starbucks Coffee’ (complimentary tea/coffee is also available inside the ‘CraftWorld’ store, along with toilet facilities)
#If I buy any products on this tour, will they be safe if I leave them in the vehicle?
- Most certainly! We have a lockable compartment in our van, and we always lock the vehicle if it is unattended.